Tuesday, December 11, 2007

What's So Special About Christmas?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. It's the day Christians celebrate as being the birth of mankind's redeemer. It's the day Jesus Christ our Saviour was born. It is to be a day of great rejoicing. In preparation for the Holy day, I've included a few of my all time favorite Christmas things. Try one. Try them all.

1. To get a deeper understanding of what Christmas is all about and to find out exactly what is so special about it, read Kenneth Copeland's article "The Day Heaven Rocked" in the December issue of The Believer's Voice of Victory at http://www.kcm.org/studycenter/articles/seasonal/the_day_heaven_rocked.php. After reading this article, you too will know what all the excitement concerning Christmas is about.
2. Fred Hammond's Christmas CD, released in 2001, ...Just Remember is wonderful! It's so wonderful, I listen to it all year long.
3. Although it's not a Christmas item, I use it every Christmas to cook her fabulous macaroni and cheese. Patti LaBelle's cookbook, LaBelle Cuisine, is excellent! Her recipe, "Over-the-Rainbow-Macaroni and Cheese," is the BOMB. It's my belief that everyone should try it at lest once.
4. The Family Man rated PG-13, starring Nicolas Cage and Tea Leoni released in 2001, is one of my favorite Christmas movies. It really makes me think and reflect. This movie reminds me that perspective is everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see people proclaim the name of Jesus in relation to Christmas. For so many people, it has become a secular festival of being with the family and taking time of work - activities which they could do throughout the year.

Anonymous said...

im doing a report on christmas,hanukkah,kwanzah,and la posada no offense but this really didnt help me but from my opinion i really liked it.:)