Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Revision: 20 Ways to Grow Up in God

In an earlier post 20 Ways to Grow Up in God, I listed several ways that we can actually grow up in God. I want to revisit that list, because I think I gave too many Ways at once. I think I should have spent more time developing each Way. As it is now, I think the list will just be read and not applied. If I allow it to go at that, then I have not allowed the blog to serve its purpose. The purpose of that blog is to change lives. If a person changes their mind set on a particular topic, then they change their behaviors associated with that topic as well. This is the life changing part. The purpose of this blog as well as future blogs will be to give a more detailed discussion of each Way from that list. To grow up in God means that we must trash behaviors that don't glorify God and adopt the ways of Jesus Christ that glorify God every time. As we grow, we should become more and more Christ like. In order to become like Christ, we must act, do something, make a move. We can't just sit back and wait for the Lord to drop a change on us. No, we must immerse ourselves in the Word of God by reading it, listening to it, speaking it, and hearing it. We must apply it to our lives. Once the application (the act, the something, the move) takes place, then the change will begin to occur.

No comments: